An intermediate status of the awareness campaign “self protection flood”
During the last two years the citizens of Styria concerned themselves with the question “Am I prepared for floods?” As part of the awareness campaign “self protection flood”, the Styrian Civil Protection Association has already held 68 events since autumn 2017. So far more than 2,600 people have been reached.
A personal flood folder helps the citizens to deal with flood prevention by providing many helpful tips and templates.
As a project partner, RIOCOM was intensively involved in the conception and implementation of the campaign:
- We created the contents of the personal flood folder and the lecture presentation
- We trained the speakers
- We provided technical input for the implementation of the campaign
The work of RIOCOM is completed in early 2019. The awareness campaign is being continued by the Styrian Civil Protection Association.
More information is provided under the following link.
- Office of the Styrian Government, Department 14 Water Resources Management, Resources and Sustainability
- Office of the Styrian Government, Department for Disaster Control and National Defence
- Styrian Civil Protection Association
- Styrian Association of Fire Fighters
- Elementarschadenpräventation Zentrum
in cooperation with Forest Technical Service for Torrent and Avalanche Control Styria