After almost a year of construction, the retention basin is already well advanced
RIOCOM carried out the submission planning on behalf of Marktgemeinde Sigmundsherberg. Now the building, that will protect Theras from flooding in the future, is under construction.
Chronology of the works:
- From December 2015 until December 2016, RIOCOM worked on the detailed planning for the Theras flood retention basin.
- The project was submitted by RIOCOM in December 2016 for approval at the responsible authorities.
- The retention basin was approved by the authorities in the spring of 2017.
- The Department of Hydraulic Engineering – WA3, Lower Austria started the construction work in October 2017.
- Completion by the end of 2018.
More details about the project: