A Summary of Crucial Aspects
In January 2016, the conference Understanding Risk Austria took place in Vienna. Around 300 experts from both, Austria and abroad, discussed the understanding of risk in the fields of natural hazards and disaster control.
With the organization and guidance of the session entitled “Necessity is the Mother of Invention—Innovations in Flood Risk Management” RIOCOM made an important contribution to the success of the event.
About a year later, the PROCEEDINGS of the event are now available in English.
The compendium with 48 pages can be downloaded HERE.
We would like to thank again all speakers and contributors of our session.
- DI Hans Wiesenegger (State of Salzburg, Hydrographic Service)
- DI Albert Schwingshandl (RIOCOM)
- DI Gerald Loew (City of Vienna – MA45)
- Mag. Dr. Philip Leopold (AIT)
- Ing. Heimo Krajnz (City of Graz, Department of Disaster Protection and Fire Brigade)
- Mag. Dr. Sebastian Seebauer (Wegener Center for Climate and Global Change, University of Graz)
- Thomas Ramminger (Munich Reinsurance Company)
- Thomas Hartinger, MSc (Rosenbauer International AG)