Start of the Awareness Campaign “Self Protection Flood”
Am I FloodReady?
The citizens of Styria will be busy thinking about this question until the end of 2018.
The campaign ‘Self Protection Flood’ aims to strengthen the capabilities of the population to deal with their personal flood risk in the best possible manner. In all 287 Styrian communities information events will be held. Furthermore a personal flood folder supports flood prevention activities with many helpful tips and templates.
On August 10, the project was already presented to the general public with a press conference by the deputy state governer of the Styria and official in charge for civil protection Michael Schickhofer, and Johann Seitinger, official in charge for flood protection.
As a project partner, RIOCOM is intensively involved in the conception and implementation of the campaign.
- We create the personal flood folder and the presentation for the information events
- We train the presenters
- We provide professional inputs for the campaign implementation
The preparatoy work is completed. The first appointments for autumn 2017 are already fixed.
More information incl. downloads is provided under the following link.
- Office of the Styrian Govnerment, Department 14 Water Ressources Management, Ressources and Sustainability
- Office of the Styrian Government, Department for Disaster Control and National Defrence
- Styrian Civil Protection Association
- Styrian Associaton of Fire Fighters
- Elementarschadenpräventation Zentrum
- in cooperation with Forest Technical Service for Torrent and Avalance Control Styria